Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SCRAP

After taking a sewing class yesterday, my teacher told me about SCRAP.  She said it is a donation based place where you can find all sorts of things.  I was then interested and being that I was childless for the afternoon, the adventurer in me won out.  
Needless to say, I was not disappointed.  It is very well organized.  A venture like this could easily get out of hand, but the people of SCRAP do a fantastic job on keeping things under control.  Now, if you are looking for a nice clean feel, DO NOT come here.  But if you are looking for a fun, unexpected treasure hunt, look here.  

The saying that kept coming to my mind is, 
"One man's trash is another man's treasure."
Like this used tea bag dress.  AMAZING!!  Who would have thunk??


If you can't make it to the store, check out the SCRAP website.  This tells you everything you could possibly want to know and more.  

Do you know of any rare jewels that I should know about in the Portland, OR area?  I would love to check them out!

1 comment:

  1. This blog post made my day! I am the creator of the Tea Bag Dress. THANK YOU for admiring it, especially in conjunction to one of my favorite sayings as well - "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Best wishes, Rosanne Wielemaker

    ReplyDelete