Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Multitasking

As I was sitting down to quilt my Cafe' Baby, I started to think.  What do you do while you craft and create?  I will often open the laptop and listen to Pandora, watch a movie, or find a podcast.  I can't create in silence.  Fortunately for me I have children.  Sometimes I just sit at the sewing machine and listen to them play.  Last night, I sat down to sew in-between different steps of dinner.  I know a lot of crafters, but I don't know the environment in which they create.  I was just curious as to what makes you create.

2 comments:

  1. Good questions. What makes me create? Since I'm not necessarily an artsy-type crafty person, I find that much of my "creating" is done for practical purposes like gift giving or simply because I like knowing I can make something myself (like soap, candles, hats, clothing, swimsuits, bread, etc.).

    Much of my knitting and crocheting is done while riding in the car (we have a long commute), but I also like to keep my hands busy while listening to Dan read to the family in the evening, while watching a movie, or while visiting with friends.

    So curious what others might have to say! Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly sew when J is gone on trips, so I can concentrate more and not worry about things liking keeping the house from looking like a tornado went through it,.... or eating for that matter. ;-) I always knit in the evening after the kiddos go to bed. It best when I'm also listening to music, a lecture or watching a movie though.

    ReplyDelete